Tours of Worcester Cathedral
Enjoy learning about the Cathedral on a historical tour. Led by an experienced Cathedral guide, using sanitised headsets and transmitter equipment.
- Turn up for a Tour at 11am* or 2.30pm*, Monday to Saturday. These Historical Tours of the Cathedral start from the Welcome area near the Cathedral entrance. Tickets cost £8 per person, £4 for Under 16s and no charge for very small children. Where appropriate tours will use sanitised headsets. They will last 45 - 60 minutes. Ideal for individuals or couples who want to turn up on the day. Arrive approx. 10 - 15 minutes before the tour and pay at our welcome desk.
To enquire about booking a group tour or group talk contact us by emailing - email@example.com
Please note that it may occasionally be necessary to restrict a tour to certain areas if a service or event is taking place. Please not that to book a group tour we recommend getting in touch at least a week in advance of your planned visit to the Cathedral.
Choose from the following:
- Historical tours or talks - giving an introduction to the history of Worcester Cathedral. These can be pre-booked for groups and tailored to your individual requirements. *Tours and talks cost £8 per person for half an hour up to an hour, or £10 per person for an hour and a half. We use sanitised headset equipment to enhance your audio experience. Please note that it may occasionally be necessary to restrict a tour to certain areas if a service or event is taking place.
There is a minimum charge of £40 or £50 respectively.
- Non-guided groups are welcome to visit the Cathedral, however we do recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment. Non-guided group bookings cost £5 per person. We will ensure you are kept up to date about what is happening in the Cathedral that might affect your planned visit.
- Themed tours
Groups can also pre-book choosing a topic of interest of their choice, for example - Architecture; Tudors, Stuarts and the Pilgrim Fathers; Famous people (including King John, Prince Arthur, Sir Edward Elgar, Earl Stanley Baldwin, Woodbine Willie, The Duke of Hamilton, St Wulfstan, and St Oswald, to name but a few).
If you would like a themed tour, please request this when booking as it will be subject to the availability of our specialist guides.
*Minimum 5 people or £40.00 for up to an hour, or minimum of £50 for up to 90 minutes.
- Pilgrimage / Parish and Diocesan pre-booked group visits can include a short service, a historical or spiritual tour of the Cathedral and lunch or afternoon tea in the Chapter House, Undercroft or Cloister. Prices are available upon request.
- Talks by King John's Tomb
King John's tomb has the oldest Royal effigy in England and makes for a stunning setting in which to hear about his life, and the disputes with the French king, the Pope, and the Barons that ultimately led to him sealing Magna Carta. This half hour talk costs £8 per person. Minimum charge of £40 per tour.
- Tours of the Stonemasons Yard
See behind the scenes in our working stonemasons yard. Hear about the heritage conservation work they do, using skills the same as those that built the Cathedral. The tour costs £20 per person, with a minimum group size of 5 or a minimum charge of £100 per tour.
- A History of the Cathedral Grounds and Garden Tour
Led by our Cathedral gardener or one of our garden volunteers, enjoy the beautiful outdoor space and hear the history of the surroundings. This tour takes you across uneven and sometimes wet surfaces, across landscape and up and down steps and therefore is not suitable for anyone who has limited mobility or difficulty walking. Flat sensible walking shoes with a good grip are advised. The tour lasts up to 60 minutes and costs £8 per person (minimum charge £40 per tour). The tour uses headsets to enhance your audio experience.
- World War I: Worcester Cathedral Connections Tour
Hear the poignant stories of the soldiers with memorials in the stained glass windows in the Cathedral Cloister. The tour remembers those men with Worcestershire connections who died in the Great War between 1914 and 1918. You can also visit other areas around the Cathedral and hear about the Cathedral's other WW1 connections. This tour costs £7 per person. Minimum charge of £35 per tour
The top of the Tower is currently closed for ongoing repair and maintenance work until 2024. Please keep checking back for the latest information.
Cathedral at Heights Tour
The Cathedral at Heights tour is not currently available due to maintenance work in the upper reaches. It is expected to re-start next year. Please keep checking back for the latest information.
The library is now open for tours following a period of closure. Groups or individuals can book an appointment in advance by filling in the form on the library page here or ringing 01905 732922.
Tours cost £15 per adult for a 'private tour' of between 1 - 5 people or £10 per adult for a group of between 6 - 20 people.
There is also the option to turn up for one of our regular Thursday tours at 12pm most Thursdays in July or August (check What's On for which dates)
For further information and bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org